Goals week 1:
Goal 1: lose weight every week
Goal 2: stay within WW points
Goal 3: work-out 5 times a week
Extra goal week 1:
No chips on Saturday night.
I think this is the most difficult habit to break. We don’t eat much chips only on Saturday nights and every time I say to myself I won’t eat it but I always do.
Conny (fat to fit mommy) has passed the 10 things that make you happy to me. Here’s my top 10.
Top 10 of things that make me happy:
- R., whom I’ve been with for almost 16 years now, he’s my rock. “God only knows what I’d be without you”
- My friends who make life so much more fun.
- My dog Roussy
- Do things with R. or my friends like going to concerts, to the theatre, the movies or going out for dinner.
- Music, especially Bruce Springsteen’s music.
- Cooking, love my cook books, my food magazines, try new recipes.
- Watch my favourite tv-shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives and many more.
- Reading books and magazines.
- And last but certainly not least: blogging! Reading blogs, give comments, get comments on my own blog. Share successes and struggles together.
I may pass this on to three people:
Yesterday evening I watched “Love Actually”. Do you know that movie? It’s such a feel good movie, it was the perfect way to finish my vacation.
Today back to work and as expected: it’s busy. At 9.30 am we had a New Year’s “reception” and that’s my most terrible half hour of the year at the office. All those people who want to wish you happy New Year. That’s not so terrible but they all want to kiss you and in Holland we are used to give 3 kisses. My cheeks felt dirty when I got back on my office and I was happy it was over.
I had planned to go for my first run this year yesterday but decided to take the day off and start my workout year today. It’s cold in Holland, much colder than normal and I have to get used to it. But I intend to keep running outside. I’m prepared: got my hat, my gloves and my thermal shirt. So nothing can stop me.
And I did start my workout year today: I went to the gym straight from work and did a Matt Roberts workout for 70 minutes. It feels good after 3 days of doing no exercise to be back at it.
The Ultimate Diet Log:
Fitness factoid: Compared to inactive moms-to-be, women who exercise during pregnancy have a lower risk of gestational diabetes and high blood pressure, experience fewer aches and pains, gain on average 7 pounds less, deliver leaner babies, and recuperate more quickly.
Quote: “I keep trying to lose weight .. but it keeps finding me”. Anonymous.
Back to normal routines, makes keeping a healthy lifestyle much easier.
Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.