Boy oh boy, we’re having a heat wave these days. It’s so hot that there’s nothing more to do than sit still and don’t move. Yesterday night it cooled down a little as we had a storm with heavy rain, thunder and lightning but right now it’s heating up again.
Friday it was the hottest day of the week with temperatures of 35C (95 degrees). R. went to the store and bought a children swimming pool for Bella and she loved it. Every time she was a bit hot she went back in the pool. It was so cute.
Friday night my best friend T. cooked a delicious dinner for me. We had a great time which involved a bottle of Prosecco each. R. came around 9.30 pm to have drinks with us and her husband and we went home around 1 am.
Today is the last day of our vacation. Three weeks have flown by and tomorrow it’s back to daily life and back to work. I don’t want to go back to work yet as I’ve had such a great time these 3 weeks but on the other side I’m glad to be back at my normal routine especially where it concerns eating healthy.
But first tonight we have the World Cup Soccer final against Spain. I have to admit I’m not 100% confident we will win this one but we’ll see. I sure hope so.
Fran’s Summer Challenge:
The challenge is for 12 weeks. Start Monday June 7th and ends on Sunday August 29th.
I’ll update my challenge every week on Sunday or Monday.
Goals (week 5):
1. Lose some weight every week.
Week 5:. Gained again, 0.2 kg / 0.4 lbs
0 out of 12 weeks
2. Exercise at least 60 out of 84 days.
18 out of 60 days.
Week 5: Tuesday 4.4K run. Wednesday 4K interval run. Friday 8K run.
3. Do something active every day (this can be working out, running, housekeeping, walking with Bella, going for a ride on my bike and so on) for at least 30 minutes.
29 out of 84 days.
Week 5: Monday housekeeping. Tuesday 4.4K run. Wednesday 4K interval run. Thursday:nothing. Friday: 8K run.
4. Run at least two times while we’re on vacation.
5. Follow the half marathon plan and don’t skip any runs.
3 out of 12 weeks
Week 5: week 3, training 1 + 2 + 4 done.
6. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
Week 5: Done.
7. Try a new recipe at least once a week.
5 out of 12 weeks
Week 5: Taco’s with avocado salad and clubsandwich with makarel.
8. Take Bella to the beach for the first time in her life.
We did that on July 7th.
9. See “Eclipse” (Twilight Saga).
Went to the movies Monday July 5th.
10. Read at least 6 books before August 29th.
1. Tess Gerritsen – Life support
2. Stephenie Meyer – The short second life of Bree Tanner.
3. Stieg Larsson – The girl with the dragon tattoo
4. Karin Slaughter – Broken
5. Stieg Larsson – The girl who played with fire.
What’s for dinner:
Friday dinner at my friend. For starters goat cheese with a baked apple and salad.
Main course Summer stew with tomatoes and red peppers with potatoes, green beans, carrots and a salad with strawberries.
Dessert a watermelon granite.
Saturday a clubsandwich with cream cheese, tomato, cucumber and mackerel.
Quote of the day:
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.