Yesterday afternoon we took Bella for a walk in the forest. We let her run without her leash and she did great. She kept close to us and listened very well to us. Here are some pics:
Today was definitely not my day:
- We woke up at 5 am of an infernal noise. We both sat straight up in bed. I went out to check what happened and the mirror I recently bought and put on the wall came down and broke in many many pieces.
- I was supposed to run early in the morning but the weather forecast was that there would be heavy rain and strong wind during the night and early in the morning so I planned my run for the afternoon. I was kind of pissed when I woke up and saw that it was dry without wind but by then it was too late to do my morning run because I had to work.
- I’ve been waiting for months till my mobile phone subscription would expire so I could finally get a Blackberry. This afternoon I went to store to get it and heard I had the day wrong: it’s tomorrow. Now I have to wait one more day before I get.
- I finally decided to go back to Pilates every other week. I called my gym this morning to put me on the list for tomorrow evening: it’s full and now I’m on the waiting list.
- When I did my afternoon run it was so humid that it was a struggle from start to finish and again I put a spell on the weather forecast.
Well enough about my joyful day, how was yours?
Today I ran at the end of the afternoon. Big mistake! It was hot and humid so I struggled and struggled and struggled. I had to do 30 minutes with 4 tempo runs in it. I let go of the tempo runs and just did my best to run 30 minutes, didn’t watch pace, just ran. And I made it and that’s what’s important to me.
Weather: hot, humid, no wind at all, 25C/77 degrees.
Distance: 4.3 K / 2.6 miles
Average time: 6:59 /km
Average speed: 8.6 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Dire Straits – Sultans of swing.
Weekly review week 32:
Monday: Running, 4.4K/2.7 miles, 30 minutes, burned 379 calories.
Wednesday: Running interval, 4.5K/2.8 miles, 30 minutes, burned 341 calories.
Friday: Running, 9K/5.6 miles, 1 hour and 4 minutes, burned 781 calories.
Distance: 17.9 K / 11.1 miles
Burned calories: 1501
The final countdown:
Breakfast: 2 whole wheat crackers with chicken and Philadelphia light spread, a slice raisin bread.
Morning snack: nothing
Lunch: 1 corn bread with ham, a salad with chicory (bought this at the greengrocer’s) and a glas of yoghurt drink in strawberry/cherry flavour.
Afternoon snack: a small glass Chardonnay before dinner.
Dinner: A salad with cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, olives and thousand islands dressing, 2 slices of bread with chicken.
Evening snack: a piece of chocolate (70%) at my coffee and some cashew nuts at the party we went to later.
Calories: 1685 (goal 1500-1700).
Calories burned: none (daily exercise not counted)
Notes: Although there was lots of food (bad food) at the party I only had some cashew nuts thanks to eating a good dinner and not to forget a piece of chocolate before I left.
Breakfast: 2 toast with scrambled eggs.
Morning snack: nothing.
Lunch: skipped it, we weren’t home at lunchtime. Instead I’ve made the brilliant (not) decision to eat some chocolate and biscuits when we were having tea later in the afternoon.
Dinner: steak with pepper sauce, potatoes with garlic and herbs out of the oven, tomato/cucumber salad.
Evening snack: Chocolate 70% cacao, a small glass of white wine.
Calories: 1494 (goal 1500-1700).
Calories burned: none, didn’t count the walk in the forest with Bella. (daily exercise not counted)
Notes: I felt bloated all weekend as if I ate too much constantly. When I finally dared to step on the scale this morning I was surprised to see I didn’t gain or lose over weekend. This keeps my motivation to continue high.
Fran’s daily outfit: