Are you ready? This is going to be a long post. Let’s begin 🙂
Tuesday I had a dentist appointment. As you may remember: I’m afraid of the dentist. I had been nervous all day for it. We switched to a new dentist practice that is highly recommended in our town and this was my first treatment by her (my dentist is a she). She had to fill one of my back tooth. My previous dentist didn’t want to do it and pull it out and put a crown on it but that’s very expensive and I didn’t want that. But this one tried. I am so happy with her, I didn’t feel a thing. Not from the anaesthesia, not from the drilling, not from the filling and not afterwards. The only thing was that the anaesthesia wasn’t worked out till 8 pm and I had a terrible headache by then from the stress before. It could probably happen that I finally get over my fear for the dentist with this one.
I do not know what happened yesterday but it was a terrible run. It had pain in my right leg (upper, lower and foot) from the start till the end. I had to walk a few times but that didn’t help either.
Could be from speedwalking on an incline on the treadmill on my gym shoes on Monday. Or maybe because I worked the entire day, wore heels (not too high) and I’m not really used to running after work anymore. I’m sure it will go away, there’s no running on my schedule till Saturday and I’ll see how it goes by then. Weather was perfect for running by the way.
Update today: leg still hurts a bit.
Weather: sunny, bit of wind, ± 16C/60 degrees.
Distance: 3.5 K / 2.1 miles
Average time: 6:57 /km
Average speed: 8.6 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Five Star – All fall down.
The final countdown:
A piece of beef, potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Calories: 1636 (goal 1500-1700).
Calories burned: 345 (daily exercise not counted)
Easy dinner because I had been to the dentist: Soup of green peas (no pic, forgot to take it).
Calories: 1653 (goal 1500-1700).
Calories burned: none (daily exercise not counted)
A salad with cherry tomatoes, onion and tuna with roast potatoes.
Calories: 1556 (goal 1500-1700).
Calories burned: 284 (daily exercise not counted)
Fran’s daily outfit:
Tuesday a black skirt with flowers, black blouse and black boots.
Wednesday is kind of special. The pants I’m wearing I’ve got for almost 10 years now. When I bought it, it fitted perfectly. Over the years I didn’t fit in them, at one point I couldn’t even get it over my upper legs. Yesterday morning I tried it on and to my surprise it fitted. Funny how something old can turn into something new 🙂
Weight Challenge September 2010
Starting weight: 89.2 kg (196.6 lbs).
Target weight: 70 kg (154 lbs).
Weight on September 1st: 78.6 (173.2 lbs)
Weight on September 30st: 78.8 kg (173.7 lbs)
This months result: + 0.2kg (+0.4 lbs)
Total loss: – 10.4 kg (22.9 lbs)
Fat percentage: 38.9 (last month 39.8)
Muscles percentage: 30.5 (last month 30.4)
BMI: 26.3 (last month 26.3)
I did gain a bit this month but overall it’s not much as my weight have been fluctuating much more this past month. Positive is that my fat percentage dropped with almost a point. I’m not completely satisfied but also not completely disappointed with this result.
Workout goals 2010, update September
I’m satisfied with this month. I’ve worked out more than in August (I did count a few walks as a workout, won’t do that in October). Although I didn’t reach my goal of 75K this month, still it’s more than all the other months this year (except for July). Plus I totally rocked Syl’s challenge: 20 minutes of activity every day. I missed one day but that’s when life got in the way and I really had no opportunity to workout. I’m keeping the same goals for October and added 1 goal. Going to try to make October an even better month than September.
Number and time of workouts in August: 15 workouts, total time 9 hours and 27 minutes.
Number and time of workouts in September: 20 workouts, total time 13 hours and 25 minutes.
- Watch my pace on every run. -> needs improvement
- Run at least 75K / 46.6 miles -> no, but it’s the second best month of this year.
- At least 20 minutes of activity every day. -> yes except for one day when life got in the way.
- Watch my pace on every run.
- Run at least 75K / 46.6 miles
- At least 20 minutes of activity every day.
- Weight training at least once a week.
- Goal kilometres/miles in 2010: 900 K / 560 miles.
Goal September: 75 K / 46.6 miles
Total September: 62.3 K / 38.7 miles Total August: 57 K / 35.4 miles
Total till 09/30: 438.8 K / 272.6 miles
Total running time: 51 hours 31 minutes
- Run a 5K < 35 minutes -> 34:06 on 12/13/2009
Run a 5K < 32 minutes
Run a 5K in about 30 minutes
- Run a 10K < 1.15 -> 01:11:17 on 03/13/2010
Run a 10K < 1.10
Run a 10K < 1.05
Run a 10K in about 1.00
- Start training for a half marathon -> started on April 19th
12 months, 12 runs:
In 2010 I want to participate in a run every month.
1. March 7, Trappenbergloop Huizen, 4K -> 00:26:51, 8.9 km/hour, 6:43/km.
2. March 28, Zandvoort Circuit Run, 5K -> 00:32:36, 9.2 km/hour, 6:31/km, new PR 5K.
3. April 18, Nike Ladies Run Hilversum, 10K ->01:13:49, 8.1 km/hour, 7:23/km, new PR 10K.
4. August 25, Emiclaerloop Amersfoort, 5K (actual 4.95K) -> 00:32:45, 9.1 km /hour, 6:37/km.
5. September 3, Vathorst Run Amersfoort, 6.6K (actual 6.55K) -> 00:45:07, 8,7 km/hour, 6:54 /km.
6. September 19, Dam tot Damloop Amsterdam, Ladies Run, 4 EM/6.4K -> 00:42:17, 9.1 km/hour, 6:36/km.
7. October 10, Hoge Veluweloop, 10K
8. November 5, Bergrace by night, 5.6K
9. November 21, Zevenheuvelenloop, 15K
10. December 4, St. Nicolaasloop, 10K
11. December 11, Koude Polderloop, 5K
12. December 31, Sylvestercross, 6K.