Not much to tell, I’m over my post Winterblues by now. Today we are having another great day with sunshine. It looks like Spring is finally arriving and that certainly lifts my mood.
No big plans this weekend. My mother in law has her birthday today and we are celebrating that tomorrow with the inlaws.
I think I told you that I run in my village while it’s still dark because outside the village there aren’t many street lights. And I don’t like running in the village at all, runs seems longer somehow. So I decided to buy a headlamp and I got it in the mail Wednesday and tried it on my Thursday morning run. It worked perfectly, I could see the road very clearly and I enjoyed being on one of my usual routes again. Just a few more weeks and it will be light when I go out for my morning runs but till then I can use my lamp and run the routes I want too.
Weather: dry, windy, 5C (41 degrees)
Distance: 4.5 K / 2.8 miles
Average time: 7:15 /km
Average speed: 8.3 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Dire Straits – Money for nothing
Are you sitting down? Yes? Okay here we go:
16K / 10 MILES
And what a great run it was. Everything was perfect: the weather, my energy level, my leg muscles. This was a run that reminds me why I started running in the first place because running is fun.
Random things about this run:
- First time this without having to wear a thermo layer
- First time this year without gloves
- First time this year I wore the Bondi band instead of a hat
- Between 4 and 5K I got John Mellencamp – ROCK in the USA on the Ipod, that song made me so happy at that moment that I was even clapping my hands during running (gladly there was no one around to see it)
- Fastest long run of this year and it wasn’t my fault 🙂 it just happened. I felt good and ran almost the entire distance at half marathon pace.
- I’ve noticed that when I take my gel after running for 1 hour, the run goes easier, this happened on all my runs where I took a gel.
- Including today I have run more miles than I did last year from January till June.
- I’m definitely sure I’m going to finish that half marathon.
Weather: dry, not to much wind, 8C (46 degrees)
Distance: 16 K / 10 miles
Average time: 7:08 /km
Average speed: 8.4 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Pink! – Raise your glass
Thursday March 10
An omelette with potato, mushrooms and mixed vegetables.
Thursday March 10
Friday March 11
Shelley: do you see I’ve got my own Paco that wants to sneak into the picture 🙂
365 days photo challenge 2011
Day 64 – Saturday March 5
Day 65 – Sunday March 6
Day 66 – Monday March 7
Our house, the little blue car (Renault Twingo) is mine.
Day 67 – Tuesday March 8
I had to check a location for a team meeting and to get there I had to cross the water by a little ferry.
Day 68 – Wednesday March 9
This is what you see when you enter my village.
Day 69 – Thursday March 10
My new head lamp.
Day 70 – Friday March 11
This is where I work. My office is on the first floor at the left.