I received “The Adorable Blog” award from Helen. Thank you very much Helen.
Before I get to the 10 things you don’t know about me I have to pass this on.
I had to choose one but that’s difficult and I choose 2 because they have so much similarity. They both lost a lot of weight and started running (they both finished a half marathon) and both give me so much inspiration and motivation, not to mention they are the sweetest persons.
If you don’t read their blogs, pay them a visit, it’s worth it.
I looked through my old photo albums to add some photos to the list. Here we go ….
- I love music. We loved to go to concerts and have seen a lot of the big artists of the world. Lately we don’t go to the big concerts because it’s too crowded and we don’t like that anymore. Our favourite is Bruce Springsteen, I’ve seen 10 concerts of him, R. 11. We even went to Torino Italy in 2009 to see one of his concerts.
Other artists I’ve seen U2, Madonna, Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Robbie Williams, Bon Jovi, Tom Jones and a lot of Dutch artists. I’d wish I had seen Queen in concert with Freddy Mercury.
- I have 1 sister, she’s 4 years younger than me. We are not very close. We never have been either. Here’s a photo from 1997 when I went with her to fit her wedding dress.
- I have an addiction for shoes and cook books. I don’t have as many shoes as Helen (75 pairs) but my cook book collection is getting close to about 100 books.
- When I was a teenager I was a member of a brass band. I played a bugle and was very good at it too. I don’t have photos from that period unfortunately.
- I live by to do lists: at work and at home. I’ve got lists for everything: things I have to do, grocery lists, wish lists. I’m even making a running wish list at the moment. Besides that I also track every run and every other workout I did. I like to look back and see how far I’ve come over the years.
- I did line dancing for a couple of years. My best friend did it and one day I decided to try it too. I did it for a couple of years. The photo is taken at the wedding anniversary of my best friend T. who was married 12.5 years at that time. Our group gave a demonstration. The theme was country and western, the other photo is my outfit for that night.
- I’ve been in the hospital only once. When I was 11 I stepped on a dead fish when we were on vacation. This caused an inflammation at my right foot. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks of which 2 weeks in quarantine. Till today my ankle has still a lump because the bone didn’t grow back right. It doesn’t bother me, that’s why I never had it fixed. Photo shows me and my sister when I was recovering at home.
- I did in a play twice. It was a comedy play. The “actors” where all in the brass band (see 4). It was very fun to do. The woman behind the couch on the group photo is my Mom, she was in it too.
- When I was 25 I went on vacation by myself to the USA. I just had met R. and already booked the trip. I joined a group with people from Sweden, Denmark, Germany, England and Italy. Although I was homesick, I missed R. very much, it was one of the best trips ever. We travelled from LA – Carmel – San Francisco – Yosemity – Las Vegas – Hoover Dam – Grand Canyon – Lake Havasu – San Diego – a night in Tijuana Mexico – LA. My last day in LA I spent in Disneyland. It was a fabulous trip, my favourite of the trip was San Francisco and Yosemity. I want to go back someday but with R. this time.
Group photo in San Francisco, you may guess where I am.
- And finally Italy, our favourite destination for a vacation. Going to show you some pics where we’ve been.
Tuscany – Florence (2001)
Garda Lake (2003 and 2004)