Thursday after work I had a dinner date with my friend K. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, know we do this at least twice a year. We decided to go for Mexican food and it was delicious (see below). We had a great time as usual, time really flies when we’re chatting about all kinds of things.
Follow up on my last post: this morning during my crappy run I made a commitment with myself. As said my half marathon is 7 weeks away. For the next 7 weeks, starting Monday I’m committing myself to:
- Stick to my running schedule.
- Do at least 2 cross training sessions a week.
- Eat healthy (no more fast food/take away which we have once a week now).
- No alcohol except for 1 or 2 glasses of wine at special occasions. This also means cocktail Sunday is going on hold.
- No more processed foods like cookies etcetera. I can have a treat at the weekend (like dessert, a snack or pastry) but I have to make it myself.
- Get enough sleep.
As you can see in the photo below I really need to lose some weight. When I saw this photo this morning after loading it on my computer it actually gave me a wake up call, it’s so obvious I gained some weight and I don’t like the way I look right now.
I also decided to participate in Heidi’s challenge for September. If you want to join us, please do. You can find the details of the challenge here
I really, really didn’t want to run this morning. But I did go because the weather was perfect for running: dry, not to hot, little bit of wind. But it wasn’t a good run. I did 3.2 K (2 miles) at a very slow pace. The only positive thing about this run is that I did go even though I didn’t want to.
Mexican: enchiladas and a grand dessert with chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, kahlua (coffee liquor) cake, a crepe with honey and some lime sorbet ice.
365 days photo challenge 2011
Day 236 – Thursday August 25
Dinner date with K.
Day 237 – Friday August 26
On Syl’s request: the lovely miss Bella.