Thank you for your sweet, encouraging and supportive comments on my last post. It means a lot to me, I’m very happy with you, my blog readers.
I’m taking complete rest from exercising this week and that has been a good decision. I think I was starting to get overtrained a little too and feel a lot better now. I am starting to look forward to exercising again which is a good sign. Saturday I start cross training again and next Tuesday I start running again.
When I cancelled my gym membership I looked into other things for strength and cardio and bought workout DVD’s. You can’t buy many Dutch workout DVD’s but in the US there’s a lot of choices. I bought them at Amazon UK. Chalean Extreme and Turbofire are expensive if you buy them at Beachbody. I bought them both for 75% cheaper than the normal price. Here’s my collection so far.
- Various yoga DVD’s for flexibility.
- Jillian Michaels DVD’s, most of them are a combination of strength with cardio.
- Chalean Extreme. Various strength workouts, I did two of them so far and I like it very much. She explains the exercises very well.
- Turbofire. Cardio workouts, some normal, some HIIT, strength workouts and sculpt workouts. I did 1 workout so far and loved it although it’s going to take a few workouts before I can do all the combinations, it’s going fast.
- The Firm workouts. Bought a few workouts this weekend, haven’t got them yet. But they have strength and cardio workouts.
With these DVD’s and the number of workouts on them and the combinations you can make (especially with Turbofire) I got over a 100 workouts! which is perfect for someone who’s bored easily.
The plan is to mix up everything and do something different every time. My goal is to do at least 2 and max 3 workouts a week. The length of the workouts is from 25 up to 60 minutes.
Do you prefer working out at home or at the gym? And if you workout at home with DVD’s, which programs do you like?
Meatball, rice and mixed vegetables.
Pasta with red sauce, ham and vegetables.
Pork, baked potatoes, green peas with carrots.
365 days photo challenge 2011
Day 276 – Monday October 3
The coffee corner at the nursery home where my MIL is staying.
Day 277 – Tuesday October 4
On World Animal Day of course a photo of Bella.
Day 278 – Wednesday October 5
Autumn is here …
But still there are flowers blooming.