Okay, time to reveal the details about the 180 days challenge. With R.’s birthday last Tuesday, I’ve been thinking a lot about where I am today and where I want to be in 6 months. The funny thing is that R. and I have an age difference of exactly 6 months. My birthday is May 22nd and his November 22nd which makes me the older one by the way. In 6 months I turn 44 and still am not where I want to be. I’ve given myself 6 months, which is 180 days, to reach goals or at least get a lot closer to my goals. The goals I’ve set for myself.
Target weight: 72 kg (158 lbs.)
Weight on November 24: 79.3 kg (175 lbs.)
Target fat %: 27%
Fat % on November 24: 40.9%
Target muscle %: > 43%
Muscle % on November 24: 29.9%
Measurements on November 24:
Waist: 87 cm (34.2 inches)
Belly: 98 cm (38.6 inches)
Hips: 107 cm (42.6 inches)
Chest: 103 cm (40.5 inches)
Upper arm: 32 cm (12.6 inches)
Set a new 5K PR.
Set a new 10K PR.
Run 10K without walking breaks.
Countdown till May 22, 2012: 180 days (as of November 24).
I might not reach all of them and the weight goal is the most important to me. I don’t have a plan how I’m going to reach this because I want to be flexible and adjust things if I need to. For now I continue eating low carb and start exercise more. For now these goals are enough to work on for the next 6 months and because of that I won’t be setting mileage or workout goals for 2012. I intend to just enjoy running/exercising in 2012. I will give an update about my progress around every 22nd day of the month. 6 Months seems a long time but it’s nothing compared to 12 years carrying to much weight with me. Hope you stick around to follow my progress and support me.
- I still have a cold. Not as bad as I had in September, at least my throath doesn’t hurt this time. But it’s nasty enough to make me tired. I drink a lot of water and sleep more and hope to be better by Monday.
- I’m getting tired by the 365 days photo challenge. It’s getting harder and harder to take a photo every day. But it’s almost finished and I keep making photos but they can be pretty boring sometimes (at least that’s how I look at them).
- Also not very consequent in posting dinner pics. Reason is that my dinners are pretty boring again. I hardly use my cook books at the moment for recipes but do want to use them more again.
- Weekend is going to be easy. Want to get rid of my cold and therefore take it easy.
- As you can see I installed a new lay-out on my blog. I wanted something new and colorful now I’ve started a new challenge.
365 days photo challenge 2011
Day 328 – Thursday November 24
This is my house.
Day 329 – Friday November 25
Still something blooming in the garden even though it’s November.