- Keeping it short today. Regular mishmash edition will be back next Monday.
- Hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve and nobody got hurt by fireworks.
- R. and I decided to stay home this year and that turned out to be a great idea. We had a nice relaxing evening at home, dressed in our jogging pants and sweaters. We had all kinds of food on the table for dinner and watched some TV.
At midnight we were in our garden en watched the fireworks. We never buy it ourselves, there’s enough to see by what other people have bought. What we did do was put up a wish balloon. I got this balloon from a colleague of mine. You light it and then you let it go and make a wish. It was so cool to see that little light of ours go up in the air.
- Yesterday we had to do the New Year’s visits. It’s common here that you visit at least your parents on New Year’s day to wish them all the best for the new year. We visited my Mom first where my sister and my mother’s brother were too. After that we went to my brother in law where all R.’s brothers and sisters (he’s got 4 of them) and his mother were.
We were home around 5.30 pm and because we were stuffed with all the food we got during the day we skipped dinner.
- I asked R. to take my picture yesterday. I am determined to reach my goal weight before my birthday and by taking a picture every month, hopefully I see the progress myself too.
- Today we both have a vacation day and tomorrow it’s back to normal.