After the very bad run on Wednesday it was time to try again. First I thought about not going, then about running a shorter distance but in the end I decided to try the 8K I had planned. I used a 5:1 run-walk method and it went so much better than most of my other runs this month. The last K was a bit harder but overall taking a walk break after every 5 minutes worked out very well.
Weather:dry, sunny, little bit of wind, 2C (35 degrees)
Distance: 8 K / 5 miles
Average time: 7:08 /km
Average speed: 8.4 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Ryan Shaw – It gets better
I don’t know what happened but I’m not complaining. Earlier in the week I thought about quitting running and suddenly I had my fastest run so far this year. The walk breaks really help at this point. Again I used a 5:1 run-walk interval.
Weather:dry, sunny, hardly any wind, 3C (37 degrees)
Distance: 4 K / 2.5 miles
Average time: 06:46 /km
Average speed: 8.8 km/hour
Last song on Ipod before finish: Bob Seger Band – Against the wind.
Started my day with a Chalean Extreme workout. This was mostly focussed on the shoulders. Though but great workout.
Total time: 40 minutes.
This week is recovery week which means I (normally) go back from 3 runs to 2 runs and from 3 workouts to 2. This week I skipped the running due to icy roads and replace the weekday run with a DVD workout.
Because it’s recovery week I’m keeping my DVD workouts short this week too. This day I did a Turbofire workout: HITT 20. A short and intense HITT training.
Total time: 20 minutes.
Workout results January 2012
• Very, very happy with my workouts this month.
• I don’t think I ever did so many workouts in 1 month.
• This has been a much better month than October, November and December.
• Running didn’t go that great but my last 2 runs were good again and I have confidence it will get better and better. At least my mileage was the highest since October.
• Total time I did something (including walking): 22 hours and 30 minutes.
• Continue what I did in January.
• Improve my running.
• I’ve signed up for a 5K in March and 2 10K’s in April too keep me running and motivated.
Running. Done: 9
Strength training. Done: 7
Yoga. Done: 1
Cardio. Done: 5
Number and time of workouts in December: 12 workouts, total time 6 hours and 5 minutes.
Number and time of workouts in January: 22 workouts, total time 11 hours and 14 minutes.
Total January: 40.5 K / 25.1 miles
Total till 01/31: 40.5 K / 25.1 miles
Total running time: 4 hours 48 minutes
Personal records I want to achieve:
Run a 5K < 32 minutes
Run a 10K < 1.08
Run 30 minutes without walking.
My reward for being such a sporty girl this month: